The Estate owns a small number of properties, which represent a challenge to renovate economically for the short assured letting market.
Some of these properties have been successfully let on longer term leases to tenants who wish to carry out the renovations themselves in exchange for low cost occupation.
The essential components of these agreements are:
- leases up to 20 year duration
- Agreed schedule of renovations. The tenant does the bulk of the work but the Estate often contributes
- Low cost rent agreed based on renovation cost/contributions, etc.
- Agreed programme of renovations
- No compensation at termination but sliding scale compensation often agreed for unexpected early termination of agreement by the tenant.
If you would like further details of how the agreements work, please contact the Estate office for an information pack.
Available Partnership Schemes
Coilantogle Farmhouse is currently a derelict farmhouse with planning permission for the renovation of the farmhouse. It is located on the shores of Loch Venachar with stunning views. Initial discussions with the LL&TNP Planning Authority indicate that there is scope for including the renovation of the 2 adjacent stone steadings to create a holiday cottage business and B&B set up.
Combined business venture partnership available for this property - please contact the Doune Estate Office if you wish to enquire further.